Bengaluru Metropolitan Region Development Authority (BMRDA) is an Act to provide for the establishment of an authority for the purpose of planning, coordinating and supervising the proper and orderly development of the areas within the Bangalore Metropolitan Region and to provide for matters connected therewith.
The authorities to approve layouts are:
1. The Bangalore Metropolitan Region Development Authority (BMRDA) – for Bangalore Urban and Rural Districts and Malur Taluk of Kolar District excluding the areas covered by BDA, BIAAPA and other LPA’s.
2. The Bangalore International Airport Area Planning Authority (BIAAPA)- for its local planning area which includes the area of proposed new airport and its environs.
3. The Ramanagaram – Channapatna Urban Development Authority (RCUDA) – for Ramanagaram – Channapatna local planning area.
4. Nelamangala Local Planning Authority – For Nelamangala Town & its environs.
5. Magadi Local Planning Authority – For Magadi Town & its environs.
6. Kanakapura Local Planning Authority – LPA of Kanakapura.
7. Anekal Local Planning Authority – LPA of Anekal.
8. Bangalore Mysore Infrastructure Corridor Area Planning